Thursday, March 19, 2009

Welcome to the New Blog

After what can only be described as "a pissing contest between -- probably people who have the Internet..." by the wise and mature John Peter's on his own witty blog
I was at once struck by his restraint.  After a certain examination from hell, I was jazzed to read his all out rant on... it.  Well, I didn't because he didn't...

John displayed intelligence by realizing that while we do tend to do our blogging in what we think is a bubble of friends and family who magnanimously want to see how we are doing... that by blogging, we put information out "there" which can be accessed by anyone.  We no longer have control over it, who reads it... and how they respond.

After I post I thought was innocent enough, I got a nasty comment.  Like, very nasty... tears in my eyes, calling D.O.'s "fake" doctors and questioning my intelligence nasty.  But, then again, maybe I deserved it.  I thought I was craftily making a small snarky comment that would sneak through the cracks, mostly to amuse myself, and that would go over most people's heads. Without getting too much into it, and breaking my own new vow, it made me realize I had to be more careful about what I wrote, and I had little control over my audience or lack-there-of.   Rather than engage a back and forth battle, I took the whole blog down and decided to start fresh.  So here's to a new year.  No more gross anatomy.  No more pepto with dinner.  And no more nasty comments.  I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment